I served as the Saints Emerging Leader between July 2014 and June 2015, in addition to my day-to-day duties as district technology director for Saint Peter Public Schools.
The Saints Emerging Leader program in Saint Peter Public Schools provides job-embedded leadership and supervision experiences for staff who aspire to grow in their capacity as leaders. Emerging leaders are engaged in practical experiences over a year long period that require applying professional judgment while assisting administration to accomplish the educational goals and priorities established by the board of education and superintendent.
My practical experiences through the Saints Emerging Leader program were designed to meet the K-12 principal internship requirements of the Southern Minnesota Internship Intensive Administration Licensure Program at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
As the Saints Emerging Leader, I provided leadership and implemented various programs and initiatives in Saint Peter Public Schools during the 2014-2015 school year. These programs framed the focus of my internship, and many of the core leadership and principal competencies were woven into these experiences. The programs and initiatives that I provided leadership to as the emerging leader included:
In addition to the programs and initiatives listed above, I also gained valuable experience as an active member on numerous administrative teams:
- Principal's Plus Administrative Team (Superintendent, Principals, Special Programs Administrator, District Technology Director)
- District Administrative Leadership Team (District Administrative Cabinet)
- District Curriculum Council
- District Technology Committee
- Facilities Pre-Construction & Design Team
- MVED Assistive Technology Team
- Q-COMP ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- ACTION FOR HEALTHY KIDS COMMITTEE